Monday, November 7, 2011

You want videos? You got videos.

So we were supposed to find an online video that we enjoy and find inspiring that's under two minutes. Easiest assignment ever. Although it's a bit frustrating that some videos I particularly liked didn't fit into that time frame.

I'ma go with the viral video "Kittens Inspired by Kittens."


Why? Because it's cute, it's funny, it's spontaneous, it's edited well, and it's ultra low-budget. I used to put words in the mouths of book characters just like this kid. The video LOOKS really easy to make, but in the hands of other people,  it might not be nearly as charming or funny. I like the odd little details, like the restraining chair in the background (for the girl's disabled brother) and the temporary wolf tattoo on her arm.

Another video that juuuust goes over the 2 minute limit is Remi Kart 2. This French guy does a lot of silly public stunts like this and has his friends record him. In this case, he's acting out the video game "Mario Kart" in real life.



For a video I shot (but didn't edit) and a video I "acted" in, see my October 23 blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment