Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Buffet of Excuses

I shot the footage for my ABC video, but I haven't edited and uploaded it yet because half of it was shot with the wrong orientation. I didn't consider that when I was shooting, because I assumed rotating a video clip 90 degrees would be as easy as rotating an image. GOLLY GEE WHIZ, was I wrong. After consulting various internet tutorials and using four different programs on two different computers, I STILL couldn't figure out how to rotate the stupid things. At this point my best bet is to find a lab computer that has QuickTime Pro, since mine only has regular QuickTime. Apparently rotating your video 90 degrees is a fancy-pants special feature that you have to pay for. Don't ask me why some of these lab computers have the froo-froo version and some have the working man's version.

I haven't shot the footage for my one-minute video yet because I really, truly did not have the time or energy yesterday. I routinely go from school to work and back again with only three or four hours of sleep in between. I don't really have a choice. The footage will be shot and edited (God willing) by Wednesday morning. It will probably be something stupid, like my semi-feral cat eating a bowl of cat food. That presents a narrative beginning, middle, and end: cat gets served food, cat eats food, cat leaves. Compelling.

Update: I got onto a computer with Quicktime Pro and rotated the video clips, no problem. Now they're oriented right, but iMovie HD squashes and distorts the clips so that they fit into a landscape format. I didn't want that. I wanted it to display with black bars on the sides. Black bars are the lesser of the two evils. I can't figure out how to get iMovie to NOT distort the videos, even with Arthur's help. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment