Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Half-Formed

This is a quick video sample, meant to convey the idea I described in my last journal. It's just a little title sequence, then a short introduction to the character of Quasimodo while I doodle him on camera. Halfway through drawing Quasi, my camera batteries died, so it ends abruptly. I didn't heed the lesson of always keeping your camera charged and ready.

I'm still using a little rinky-dink point-and-shoot digital camera (not a digital video camera). Even though I planned to use voice narration in the final project, I didn't even try to record my voice for this sample because that camera's microphone is really bad. Plus, I wanted to experiment with using subtitles instead of (or in addition to) voiceover narration. I still want to use voiceovers if that's possible, because with voice, you can convey a lot more information a lot more quickly.

For the final video, I hope to recruit my friend as a camerawoman, and have her use her Mom's digital video camera to record better image and sound.

The title sequence builds up the video so much with its dramatic music, that I feel it's anticlimactic once I actually cut to the drawing part. That was sort of intentional, but it's less funny than I had hoped.



No comments:

Post a Comment