Monday, October 10, 2011

Meandering Along

Our instructor for ART 119 (Digital Media & Time Design) is ill and we don't know when she's coming back. That is...alarming. Varinthorn, if you're reading this, I hope you get well soon.

In the meantime our instructor is Avalon Kalin. He's cool. I had him during Fall 2009, my first term at PSU. He taught ART 120 (Computer Graphics/Art & Design). He also advised me when I was working on the Spring 2010 Sophomore Portfolio Review for Graphic Design. Which I did not pass. It must be his fault.

I'm still working on the Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries/Father Ted-inspired Flash project for ART 119. It should be ready by Wednesday. Hopefully it will look like I actually put some work into it, rather than just throwing it together in half an hour.

I chose to use the second quote, the one that starts with "What's your favorite humming noise?"
To see my inspiration for this Flash, watch this Youtube montage of Ben Keaton as Father Austin Purcell in "Father Ted." The quote I used in the Flash begins at 2:18. I didn't quote him verbatim; I cleaned up and simplified the quote a little to take out the stuttering and redundant stuff. Maybe it would be funnier if I left all that stuff in. I DON'T KNOW. Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z88AiJtZpZI

No comments:

Post a Comment